Monday, January 23, 2012

Stupid Cold Germs

Last week was a bit of a bust with regard to running. I put in some time on the dreadmill - walk a half mile, slow run a half mile - and that seemed to be all right. I just want to keep this head cold crap from  moving into my lungs. I do not need to end up with bronchitis.

So... last Wednesday:  5 mi walk/run in 1:08:something.
Fast-forward to Saturday, when I did a VERY slow 10K in 1:27

At least it was something. Mileage so far for 2012: 75.65 mi

On the plus side, I did swap out the arms on the elliptical machine on Sunday.... something I've been meaning to do for... well, quite a while. Now I can try it out and see if the squeaking has gone away.

In other news... I'm working on a striped shawl in Malabrigo Arroyo. It's the Color Affection shawl.

Malabrigo Arroyo in Plomo and Borrajas
I also got a project off the loom - a scarf in The Sanguine Gryphon Bugga!, a merino/cashmere/nylon blend.

Bugga! in Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz (warp) and Black Witch Moth (weft)
And to round out the triad, I finished some spinning - this is Bugga! fiber in the Burrow Owl colorway. I ended up with 550 yds of 2-ply in 4oz.

Bugga! fiber in Burrow Owl

2 comments:

  1. How do you like working with Arroyo? Rios took a little while to grow on me, I think I expected it to be squishier like Twist or Mal Worsted, but it's a lot sleeker. Does Arroyo feel like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rios and Arroyo are both superwash, so they're not quite as squishy as Twist or Worsted. But - I do really like both of them. I'm finishing a sweater in Rios... the poor thing just needs 1.5 sleeves. And this shawl should be amazingly cozy when it's done. Hopefully that will be soon... it's hard to put down!

    ReplyDelete