Wednesday, October 12, 2011

It's got a good beat, Dick, and you can walk to it. I'll give it a 95.

Seriously. I have no idea what that poetic fool was waxing on about last night - 5am is still stupid-early. And waking up to rain sucks. So, it was...


... dreadmill time!

Today's run/walk: dreadmill sez 4.25 miles in 58:08. (.5 walk, 2mi run, .5 walk, 1mi run, .25 cool-down)

For grins, here's a list I've been keeping of good walking songs - when walking to the beat, I can walk at 14:30 per mile or faster:

   Bad Things - Jace Everett
   Bleed 2 Feed - CC Adcock & The Lafayette Marquis
   Dashboard - Modest Mouse
   Everything's Not Lost - Coldplay
   Feel Good, Inc - Gorillaz
   I Will Possess Your Heart - Death Cab for Cutie
   Mrs. Jones - Counting Crows
   Ordinary World - Duran Duran
   Personal Jesus - Depeche Mode
   Somebody Told Me - The Killers
   Vida La Vida - Cold Play

Go put that in your 'pod and walk to it.

 

1 comment:

  1. I added your recommendations to my 'fast walk' playlist - at least the songs I already had in iTunes. I have a few for you to try:

    Jayhawks Blue
    Bonnie Raitt Have a Heart
    Paul Simon Kodachrome
    Death Cab for Cutie A Lack of Color
    Stellastarr Love and Longing
    Granddaddy Pull the Curtains on the Day

    ReplyDelete