Saturday, October 8, 2011

What am I doing here?

I need somewhere to ramble on about things... so here I am.

This morning's run/walk... Garmin sez 4.5 miles in 57:11.

It was a lovely October morning - much warmer than I expected. On the way back, I was minding my own business, singing along with k.d. lang to 'Hallelujah' (not loudly - I'm not that weird) -

... she tied you to a kitchen chair,
she broke your throne and she cut... AAAIIEIEEEEE!

A squirrel was playing beat-the-train and dashed right in front of me across the sidewalk. I think I might have hit it with my right toe... any closer, and I probably would have launched it ten feet down the sidewalk.

And, for the love of wool, about 30 yards later it happened again. I jumped that one.

Safely home now, and about to work on cleaning up a vintage Frank Fell spinning wheel I picked up at an auction a few weeks back. These wheels were made from approximately 1900-1930, and are reputed to be fine spinners.

Vintage Frank Fell spinning wheel


From what I can tell, he (my wheels are normally 'she', but this one is determined to be called Frank) is just quite dirty, and needs a tune-up. We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment