Sunday, November 6, 2011

I Love That Old Time Rock n' Roll

Today's walk: Garmin says 4.25 mi in a leisurely 1:03:45, then another 1.1mi with the dogs. Total: 5.35mi.

Last Wednesday through Saturday: nada, as I was in Michigan.

I flew up Wednesday morning, and arrived in plenty of time to make the Bob Seger concert that night. It was the first stop on the second leg of his 2011 tour. The venue was the convocation center at Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti, and the place only held about 8000 people. Perfectly intimate for a home-town stop. (Well, if you consider Ypsi an extension of Ann Arbor, that is.)

Mr. Seger seemed to be in high spirits, and would stop and pose for people taking pictures from the front rows. He - and the band - sounded great, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

IMG_20111102_222044


Other highlights of the trip included getting to go The Spinning Loft in person. I found all kinds of cool stuff there, and lusted after a Schacht-Reeves wheel. I also picked up a few deals at the Nike and Merrell outlet mall stores. Friday, we hit Zingerman's for my #28 sandwich, and found some more fun things at Kerrytown. My return trip on Saturday arrived all too soon, but it was a fun couple of days with Mom and Dad back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment