Saturday, November 12, 2011

Yay for Weekends

Run/walk summary:

Thursday: rest day
Friday: Garmin says 4.7mi in 59:14
Saturday: Garmin says 5.5mi in 1:11:51

Friday was a bit chilly in the morning - I had to break out the fleece for my trip around the neighborhood. First run this year with the weather in the 30s.

This morning was warmer, as I got up and out later (woot! for sleeping in), but later meant more wind. Even so, after my loop around Carondolet Park, I explored north a bit and added about a mile on to that route.

Go Blue! I'm so happy the Wolverines beat Illinois today.  Both defenses looked pretty good; both offenses were on the anemic side. But a win is a win; the last two games this season will be tough.

In other news, I finished a pair of fingerless mitts for myself. I used this pattern to make a pair for Jill - and then liked them so much, I cast on for a pair for me immediately after finishing hers. Mine are in Malabrigo Silky Merino, color Smoke, which is an awesome dark gray with hints of brown.

Green Thumb mitts in Malabrigo Silky Merino - Smoke
With the colder weather, I also brought the lemon tree inside. It likes the extra warmth and light... it tends to flower right after I bring it in for the year, which means in a few months I'll have tiny lemons. Last spring, I had enough to make an incredible batch of lemon bars.

The miniature lemon tree, with flowers and lemons-to-be
Sunday - more spinning, more chores, and working on the sleeves for a sweater that should have been done months ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment